The vision of RCCM is to promote research that will widen the availability of and access to safe and effective complementary medicine for patients within the National Health Service in the UK, to help prevent disease and improve patients' health and quality of life.
What we do
- The RCCM seeks to advance public education through the promotion of peer reviewed research into complementary medicine.
- Initiate, develop and support research into Complementary Medicine and advocate with research funders and government bodies.
- Explore and develop the relationship between and Complementary Medicine and conventional medicine e.g. through events involving NICE, the Advertising Standards Authority and the NHS.
- Facilitate the dissemination of research findings, including via its associated journal, the European Journal of Integrative Medicine
Introduction to RCCM
As a full or corporate member of the RCCM you will have access to our members section which includes research guides on ‘finding evidence’, ‘research methods’, ‘ethics’ and ‘funding for CAM’, ‘Information on effectiveness’. You will have access to information on CAM Guidelines, RCCM publications and links to CAM networks.
- Free quarterly newsletter
- Discounted rates for research seminars and conferences, including the RCCM annual conference, the annual leading UK conference focusing on current research into complementary medicine
- Mentorship for developing researchers
- Access to the Linkedin RCCM members group to meet and chat to other researchers
- Specific events for members on key areas such as the NHS and research strategy development
- Discounts for student members
Use of the RCCM logo on websites or media does not imply endorsement of any organisation, therapy, product, service, individual, opinion, website or other media, and RCCM does not accept any responsibility for the use of the logo, and RCCM shall not be liable to any person or organisation for any loss or damage however it may arise from the use of the logo or expression of RCCM membership.